Thursday, July 31, 2014

100 Words: Analysis

This is the last day of my challenge. I missed 5 days, double posted at least twice, and did extra long posts to make up missed days. But my challenge was to write more often and I am definitely pleased with the result. I learned some things along the way too.

1. When I write a lot, I have a lot of stuff that isn't really great, but things that I am really proud of come more often than when I don't write at all or write very little.

2. When I write every day, it feels like I actually have something to say, like my thoughts might matter to more than myself and my immediate sphere of influence.

3. I have something to think about all day long. I often begin planning a post in the morning as I think about things, so that by the time I sit down and write, I have already worked out a lot of what I am going to say.

4. I have lots of ideas for future posts and series and reviews. Now I have to figure out if I want to start organizing posts more, like Mommy Monday, YouTube Tuesday, Story Wednesday, Thoughts Thursday, Five Photo Friday, et cetera. But there is part of me that likes the informal, write what I am thinking about style too.

5. I have also thought about expanding my readership and if I really want to do that and how I could do that and how to encourage commenting and how to interact with readers and such.

So what did you think of the 100 Words Challenge? Did you do it? Did you like it? What would you like to see more of on this blog (Dad, I don't know what else to call it; any suggestions?)? I would really appreciate hearing what you thought of this challenge and this blog, or if you think about it at all.  Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. I read your blog!! sometimes it eats my comments, or I am reading a lot of posts at once and so don't comment as much, but I thought your challenge was awesome. =) I wasn't able to do it this time but maybe if you do it again! and of course I always love getting updates on how y'all are doing

    ReplyDelete