We have our morning routine down. It takes two hours to get out of the door, usually with a little time to read a book or two before breakfast.
So I planned for two hours to get out of the house this morning. We left a half-hour late. What happened? Well...
Little things really. I got myself ready, except for my hair. I had to make lunch for everybody, instead of just Thomas. Eamon dumped the puppets I had out for VBS all over the floor. Then dumped out all the little trinkets and craft stars that also happened to be in the box. Then he got into the incense and tried to wash his Silky in the bathroom sink. Then Malcolm woke up and when I changed his diaper, he peed all over my outfit and the floor. So I needed to clean him and the floor, and then change my clothes again.
I left 15 minutes after the time I had hoped to arrive at the church. I got there just in time to drop off the boys in nursery, and got things ready while my class was at "Base Camp"/music and skit time.
My opening activity was on being prepared. Oh, the irony.
No comments:
Post a Comment