I had a dream about finding a thermometer that we have been missing since our trip to Maine. I can't remember which bag I put it in and haven't unpacked it yet. But I also can't remember where I found it in the dream. I just know that when I woke up only to realize that I hadn't really found the thermometer, I was a little disappointed.Eamon pulled apart a toy vacuum cleaner that we have. The bottom half is his lawn mower. The top half is his "Slyfotter" (Fly swatter) and the little balls inside are the "germs." (He is not allowed to play with the fly swatters because of the germs on them.) We had to persuade him only to swat flies that landed on cushions for fear of broken glass, walls, brothers, etc.
When I was at the Library with the boys, the Librarian commented that it looked like I could use 5 hands. I immediately thought, "What if for every child, the mother grew another arm?" It would revolutionize fashion, but as Thomas pointed out, consider the musical implications. "This piece of music was written for organ, played by a mother of 6 (8 hands)."
Oh, and by the way, my fever is gone now and although I still have an occasional sore throat, I am feeling much better.
No comments:
Post a Comment