"How did a Pre-Cog like you end up on the Security Force?" Gonzalo wasn't quite ready to run off to his construction site shift.
"Well, my mom and dad were both Security Force Members back in the day, and you know what the SF thinks about Pre-Cogs, so I never said much about it. Besides, its not like I'm a real Pre-Cog. I don't see things, just get vague feelings."
"Well, your vague feelings have been right quite a few times."
"I wish they weren't though. Sometimes I would rather not know when bad things are going to happen." Kylie looked away. "Then I wouldn't worry so much."
Gonzalo glanced around to make people weren't watching, and quickly squeezed her hand. "It's ok. What did you feel about today?"
"Not much; just that we won't be bouldering and you could be in danger."
"No clue on what kind of danger?"
"None. But to be honest, I get that feeling about you a lot."
"Well, you know me, I'm a dangerous guy. Always taking risks and doing stupid stuff."
Kylie smiled. "You are the most cautious person I know. If I'm a Pre-Cog, you are a Telpy. You know stuff without being told. But I will agree that you are a dangerous guy. And if I hang out with you anymore, I will get in trouble... for being late." She was at the door to The Pathway that took people all over the city. "See you later, hopefully!"
"Bye, Kylie. Thanks for the heads up."
Gonzalo headed for the exit from the Hub that led down to the surface. At the Security Post, he and his fellow shift workers received his special flight suit that would allow him to patrol in a non-gravity area by flying or bounding around. At this sight, a huge apartment complex was being built. The construction workers were all Binugs. Their huge rhinoceros like faces stuck out of their suction suits that held them to the ground or whatever else the wanted to stick to. They were ugly and temperamental. The Central Government liked their strength for physical labors like construction, but didn't trust their tempers and always made sure there was plenty of Security Force around to quell any disruptions quickly.
No comments:
Post a Comment