Tuesday, July 08, 2014

100 Words: Camper Discipline 2

To say that I have it all together when it comes to discipline would be a stretch, if not a downright lie. However, I have a God who is great at making disciples, which is what camper discipline is all about. You see, God created us for relationships - a relationship with him, and relationships with others. And  from the moment we are born, we are in places where relationships are important.

Of course our relationships with people are as different as the people we are in relationships with. I am Mom, Wife, Sister, Daughter, Sister-in-law, Daughter-in-law, Friend, Neighbor, Person who lives down the street, Person who shops here, Church Member, Teacher, Counselor, Person who I bounce ideas off, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. And within those, my relationships are different. I relate differently with my brother's wife than I do my husbands sister, though I am sister-in-law to both. And I my relationship with each of my sons is different.

Having said that, there is a similarities in all of them. I want to show Christ in all my relationships. The love that he has shown me defines how I define every other relationship. So I will show love to my sons as Christ shows love to me, even if the practical expression is different for each of them.

So Camper Discipline, and all relationships, is about getting to know each person so that I can show them Christ's love in a way they can understand.

And I hope others will do the same for me, because I need to be reminded of God's love too.

No comments:

Post a Comment