If I learned one thing from Vacation Bible School it is that I am not ready to go back to work. I hardly got anything done other than VBS lesson plans and cuddling boys. If I had to do that every day, I can only imagine how overwhelmed I would be all the time with everything that I have to do.
The boys are also not ready. Although they did fine in the nursery, and Eamon enjoyed it more and more throughout the week, the haven't slept well and kept waking in the night just wanting to make sure Mommy was near. It didn't help that Malcolm had a bad case of heat rash starting the week, as well as getting 3 teeth. I have either spent portions of the night not in bed, or with them in bed with me. I don't think any of us could handle that for long.
But as I was thinking about it tonight, I would miss them. They are already growing up so fast and they change so quickly that I wouldn't have time to get to know them and listen to them, cuddle them, read to them, look at them, watch them. I like having the time to devote so much time to them. With all the pressures of housework and things, I enjoy being able to put that aside to spend time with the boys.
So VBS was a really good experience. I love teaching and it gave me the opportunity to use those "muscles" again. And it showed me how good I have it now. It let me have a perspective check and helped me cherish these moments I have now.
No comments:
Post a Comment