Monday, August 04, 2014

Trees and Ocean

One of the most refreshing things for me is to sit and watch the ocean, especially where it is crashing on rocks. Something about it calms and soothes my spirit in a unique way. It is one of the reasons I love going to Maine so much.

But I realized that something else does the same thing. I took Eamon and Malcolm to a park with big trees all around. It had been a crazy day and I was feeling a bit on edge, but being among the trees, I felt myself relaxing and my frayed nerves smoothing themselves out. I didn't have time to just sit. It was a park after all and little boys need to be chased and caught and tickled and pushed on the swing.

A few days later I was at my parents house and had a few minutes to sit and look at their trees, and the same thing happened. It was so green, so calm, so alive and beautiful. 

Someday I hope to live among trees, or by the ocean, or both.

No comments:

Post a Comment