Thursday, November 03, 2022

November 3

 This year's fall has been particularly brilliant. Only now are the mountains becoming winter grey, although there are still patches of brilliant yellow or dark red. We've had our first frost, but it was a light one, and the grass is still green. The nights are in the low 40's, but the days have gotten up to the low 70's. This week "There's not a cloud in the sky" as Malcolm likes to say.

I am glad that I have the opportunity to soak up each day's beauty. Whether standing at my kitchen sink, raking leaves, or taking walks, all I have to do is lift my eyes to see an incredible view. All I have to do is notice.


But I suppose that is no different from any other time. Are other times of the year not so breathtakingly beautiful? or have I gotten out of the habit of noticing except when the beauty smacks me in the face?


No comments:

Post a Comment