Last night it snowed; today we had a snow delay day.
After breakfast and morning chores, the boys went out and played in the snow. They sledded down the church's hill. They built a snowman. They got drenched because it the snow was melting rapidly.I went out to the garage and organized the wood, stacked some pallets, and put things with similar things, packing up the summery tools and toys, and putting winter tools and toys toward the front. I felt very Dutch, cleaning my garage, even though it isn't nearly as orderly as my great-aunt's.
When we all came in, the boys had a snack and hot chocolate, which let us get all our "together work" done before lunch. Then after lunch, the boys practiced their instruments, did independent school work, and we got ready to go to a Advent worship planning meeting.We had pizza for dinner, complete with a pizza pig for my non-pizza eater.
After the boys were in bed, I did lesson plans for tomorrow, finished the dishes while Thomas read to me, and folded clothes. Now it is time to go to bed. It was an enjoyable day.



No comments:
Post a Comment