Friday, November 11, 2022

November 11

Starting in August, I listened through the Bible. Although it was supposed to be in 90 days, it took me closer to 97 days. It was a good exercise and a lot of listening. Going through so quickly, I wasn't able to stop and ponder much, but instead I picked up on big themes and repetitions that I hadn't noticed before. 

For example, the emphasis of so much of the Old Testament is the calling and recalling of God's chosen people. His passionate love for His people in spite of their disinterest and rejection of Him put the passages about the punishment into a different light. Then in the New Testament, that theme is continued by showing that God's love isn't just for the Israelites but for all who will follow Jesus in repentance and faith.

Because it was kind of like a survey, it was helpful to pick out what I would like to study next. I haven't given Jude much thought, except that it is right before Revelation, but now I am studying it in much more depth. I also caught the flow of Hebrews better than I have before and want to compare the arguments in Romans with the argument of Hebrews. 

Overall, listening through the Bible in 90 days refreshed my interested in what the Bible means as a whole as well as prepared me for some deep dives into certain areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment