Sunday, June 01, 2014

100 Words: My Little Man

I was perusing photos of Eamon today. I was astonished at how babyish he looked just a few months ago. And now... now I have this little boy.

"Where are you going, my little one, little one?
Diapers and overalls, where have you gone?
Turn around and you're two;
Turn around and you're four;
Turn around and you're a young boy going out of the door."

It struck me while we were in Georgia. He slept fine. He went out with his aunts and Grandmommy by himself. He was so independent and self-confident (perhaps a bit too much, but he will learn). He didn't need me anymore, at least not in the same way he has in the past.

But now, how sweet it is, instead of needing me, as he used to, now he wants me. He wants me to read to him, to play with him, to talk with him, to be with him. He likes to cuddle, not just because he is afraid or sad, but because he likes me. He wants to read, not just to hear the story, but so that we can experience the story together.

I miss my baby, but I am so thankful for this little boy. Even in my exasperation at his independence and testing, it is beautiful to see a loving and confident personality begin to bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment