Wednesday, June 11, 2014

100 Words: Embrace

From the moment I wake up, my brain begins to be scattered all over my house. Diaper changes, breakfast, packed lunch, do I need anything picked up from the store for dinner, dreams, all need to be thought about in the first hour. And after that, it gets worse. I have a list of things to do, but it always gets interrupted by the demands of my children. So I leave part of my brain on the laundry as I read a story and do a project and start the dishes. By lunch I have rarely gotten back to the laundry, but the dishes were interrupted too. I have a post I've been wanting to write and lists to make for vacation, and oh, so emails that need to be responded to. The boys wake up with a new set of needs, laundry is in again, dishes are still undone, but now the water is cold. My brain is scattered all over my house, and it is dinner time.

Then something happens. My husband comes home and one of the first things he does is give me a hug. For a moment all I need to focus on is him and his love for me. Then all of a sudden my brain all comes rushing back, gets prioritized, ordered, and a coherent plan can be formed. Even on rotten days, when it can't make everything better, his embrace makes it not be quite so miserable.

Thank you, Thomas, for making my life better, each day, every day. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment