Monday, June 02, 2014

100 Words: Baby, oh Baby

Malcolm has this thing that he has been doing. He has been waking up between 3 and 4 and then staying awake and cuddly for about an hour and a half. He then falls back asleep around the time I figure I should just stop trying and get up for the day. These early morning wrestle/cuddle sessions have been both exhausting as well as special times. When I get to bed late, it is less special and more wrestle, but now that I am expecting it, I find it less frustrating, especially as I have been considering how fast these little babies grow.

He is a little bug though. Whether it is throwing his food on the floor then looking at me and giggling, or climbing the stairs silently then giggling when I find him, he knows how to push the limits and use his cuteness to charm me. He loves to climb, to "be up", to point, and to talk. He will smile at anyone, as long as I am holding him, but if I put him down when he wants to be up, the world can hear his displeasure. He has been grabbing my chin and turning my face to look at him, but recently has been taking my feet and pulling them until I am turned towards him, so he can have my full and undivided attention.

What a boy! He isn't afraid of a tumble and he will wrestle his brother, as long as he is on top. If his brother wrestles back, then he gets mad or worried. He likes taking off his socks and eating grass and dirt. Dandelion tops are his favorite to pluck and stick in his mouth, again giggling if I am watching. But he is also learning what "No" means, and cries if he really wanted to do whatever is being forbidden.

But how can I capture in words his radiant smile, his bubbling laughter, and his curious, little self that expects the world to love him?

No comments:

Post a Comment