Thursday, May 31, 2012

8 Months


Eight months before Memorial Day, Eamon made his surprise appearance. How the time has flown. The first question everyone asks, and therefor the first question I will answer is, "Does he sleep through the night?" After a brief month of sleeping through the night, we are on a twice a night feeding schedule. It is better than three times a night and since he eats so fast, I don't always have to wake up all the way. But this routine lets me take an afternoon nap with him, so it all works out nicely. However, sleeping is one of his least favorite things to do.

He almost has a tooth or teeth. He loves the flavor of food likes to grab our plates, glasses, food, anything on the table that he can reach, and eat it. But he doesn't like to fill-up on food. He still prefers Mommy when he is hungry. Eating is one of his favorite thing to do.

He always wants to be on the move. So he doesn't like just sitting on the floor playing, unless we are there with him. He hasn't liked being in his play seat either, though the past few days he has enjoyed it more, as long as it is in front of one of the screen doors. His favorite toys are things he isn't supposed to have, like cords or paper, and a pepper tin filled with split peas. He likes tags on his stuffed animals, but doesn't like the ribbon blanket that I made for him. He enjoys standing against benches or my legs or the couch, and walks when we hold his hands. But he hasn't seemed to be able to pull himself up yet.

He had his first haircut last Saturday. I got my hair cut too because he was pulling it so much. He still pulls it, but since it isn't tied up, it doesn't hurt quite so bad, or mess it up quite so terribly. He likes being outside, so we take walks quite often, and he likes it when I work in my "gardens." He enjoys being upside down so he likes "Upside Down Baby" and "This is the way the ladies ride." He is rather ticklish too.

But at the end of the day, we are all exhausted, and I bathe him, the change him into his PJ or onesie, then feed him, sing to him, and he falls asleep. I remember that little baby that snuggled into me and think of all the time that has flown by and wonder what the next eight months hold. (I try not to think much further ahead than that. It gets too overwhelming with possibilities.)

1 comment:

  1. awww. He's adorable!! And he's filled out sooo much since he was newly born. He's a healthy baby chunk now. :-)

    ReplyDelete