Sunday, November 01, 2015

NaNoWriMo and 100 Words

November is National Novel Writing Month, among other things. Since I don't have time to write a novel in the month of November, I am going to attempt another round of 100 Words. Part of me says this is crazy, but the other part is counting on the creativity feeds creativity trade off, so even if I don't end up writing everyday, I will at least be doing something creative every day. I also discovered the last time I tried it, that planning to write every day was actually easier than planning to write once or twice a week.

Whenever I start something like this, I always wonder, do I really have thing to say that anyone will want to read? I am being egotistical by putting my meandering thoughts and attempts at creativity in a place that anyone can read them, as if I have something to offer to the world? But then I also think that whether or not anyone reads what I write, the process of writing helps me think about things and
"get my head on straight." And I have been thinking about and meditating on a lot of things recently, so it is time for me to get them out of my head.

Of course, if anyone wants to join me in this challenge, I would be delighted. Let me know where I can find your 100 Words and I will read them! And if you want a greater challenge, go sign up for NaNoWriMo!

No comments:

Post a Comment