It can get discouraging after looking at a week fill up with busyness. Shopping, Sunday School, Hair Donation, Operation Christmas Child, car battery, meal prep, laundry, cleaning, sister coming home, sister-in-law's baby shower, Thanksgiving prep... But as I look at the list, each of those things are not that bad, and some of them are just amazingly happy!
Planning is good, but after making plans, I always have to remind myself, "Don't worry about three steps ahead. Just take the next step. God gives grace in the moment for the moment. Everything that has to get done, will get done."
And I have to remind myself the most important things are ones that cannot be planned. Those moments when relationships are built, love is shown, quiet is listened to, beauty is seen. Relationships are not efficient. Love doesn't fit into a time frame. Quiet cannot be forced and Beauty can easily be missed.
So this busy week, I am praying that God will allow me to get things done with an attitude of listening and the grace to be interrupted. That he will remind me to notice my husband and my children and take the time to build relationships with them. And that he will help me resist getting caught in my own little world of getting stuff done. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment