Saturday, January 10, 2015

Some of my favorite holiday photos

We celebrated Advent with candles and chocolates. But we also had a few other celebrations. On the Eve of St. Nicholas, the boys put their shoes by the door and in the morning received a Candy Cane from St. Nicholas and a piece of fruit from his horse. ("No Mommy. It was really you, wasn't it?" "Yes, Eamon, it was really me." "I thought so. You know I like Candy Canes.")


But, of course, daily life had to go on. On this particular day, Malcolm was crying pretty much all the time and Eamon was helping. ("I was getting the clothes, Mommy. You should throw the clothes on my head and I will put them in.")


I tried to get a Christmas picture or video or something of the boys in front of our tree, but this was the best I got and the coloring lasted 15 seconds. But we had a nice little tree and the boys liked it. Meaning they liked the tree... not sitting still or getting their picture taken.


We went to Geogia, where it was much warmer. This was the easiest trip we have made so far. Both boys loved being with their Grandmommy and aunts and uncle and dogs and toys and books...


Today, Eamon brought me a picture book and pointed to the drawing of a diving board and a pool. He said, "I want one of those. I really do." "But it is a little cold for one outside right now, isn't it, Eamon." "Yes, it is." By the way, he had no shirt on at this point in the day because he was playing swimming pool on the couch and his jeans were his swim trunks.


I made kilts for their Christmas outfit. And little flashes to hold up their socks. Eamon fluctuated between liking the kilt and disliking not being able to turn upside down. His original "kilt position" was with his legs spread apart and his arms up, as if making muscles. And until I added a pin, Malcolm loved his because he could pull it right off and run around half naked. He would pull it off, giggle, and run away. Now he thinks anytime he has no pants on that it is time to run away from Mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment