I wanted the month of January to be another 100 Words month. But I only got home from Christmas vacation yesterday, so my month will start today.
Today I am listening to Straight No Chaser (a Christmas present) with Malcolm smiling beside me, eating goldfish leftover from lunch, and occasionally feeding them to me. Eamon is sleeping in his bed now, but when I got out of the shower, he was curled up outside the bathroom door.
Today I was thinking about how I need to take time out from what needs to get done and just enjoy being with the boys - reading to them, playing with them, watching them play. Last night I made lists and lists of things to do, some of them things that really do need to get done. This morning I woke up with no energy. But I had my lists. So I got everyone dressed and changed the sheets. And everyone was cranky, so we got ready for an early lunch and naps. And this afternoon, after Malcolm woke up, I have just been enjoying his company.
Soon I will need to stop and put in some laundry and wash some dishes before sweeping up the kitchen floor, but I need to go and pay attention to some boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment