Sunday, October 12, 2014

Now the Play is Over

It hasn't completely sunk in that I don't have practice on Monday. I don't need to be sewing costumes. I don't need to be making lists, calling people, or remembering five million things at the same time. But at the same time there is a huge relief and wave of satisfaction in a job well done. Now I have the rest of life that has been neglected to get caught up with.

The house needs to be cleaned. Many people find spring to be a good cleaning time, but these crisp autumn days make me want to open the windows, throw stuff away, and give everything a good scrub down. So this week I am looking forward to indulging that desire with gusto. Maybe I can send the boys outside and do laundry, switch out summer clothes, tidy the house, organize the toys, vacuum, scrub, wipe down and reorganize the cupboards, and even wash the windows! I doubt I will really get all that much done, knowing the way life goes, but it a goal and wish.

I have writing, photos, and videos work to do. Some for the play, some for family, some for blog, some for fun. I have lists of things to write that I have been putting off because I haven't had the time. I have lesson plans and Sunday School plans to work on. And I need to write thank you notes and jot down thoughts and plans for future directors and drama folk.

So right now, daily life is looming large, but like the play, everything that needs to get done, will get done, just little bits now and little bits then and large chunks when I get the chance. Because the first priority for this week is to spend some quality time with my family. They have been so helpful and amazing and put up with a half-mommy/half-wife for long enough. We will read stories, draw pictures, play games, do puzzles, etc. We will learn how to sleep again, how to have quite hour instead of naps, and how to have a conversation without play interrupting. I loved the play, and I will write more on that later, but I am glad to be done for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment