Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Boys are Growing!

"What did the grandma monster say to the little monster when she saw him?"
"My, My, You Gruesome!"

Today we had doctor appointments; Eamon had his 3 year, Malcolm has an ear infection. But it was a great time to see how much the boys have grown.

Eamon is 2 feet and 11.9 inches. So close to 3 feet! He weighs 29 pounds. Malcolm is 2 feet 9 inches and weighs 22 pounds. They are getting rather close in size. It seems just a bit ago that I put away Eamon's 18 month clothes, but now I am pulling them out for Malcolm. And although Eamon still fits in 2T, I am looking for 3T's when we go clothes shopping because the 2T's aren't going to fit much longer.

Eamon was asked what he was going to dress up for Halloween as. He didn't understand the Halloween part of the question, but when I asked it again without that, he answered, "Mr. McGregor." He went on to say that Daddy should be Jeremy Fisher and Malcolm should be Peter Rabbit. It seems the play has made quite a difference in his life.

The other day, I was putting him down for a nap and he just wouldn't let himself fall asleep. I finally left and told Thomas, "He has been fighting since..." and I looked at the clock to figure out the time. Thomas replied, "since he was born." And it seems so true. He has been fighting since he was born - fighting sleep, fighting for what he wants, when he wants it, how he wants it, fighting for attention, fighting just because. But it was helpful to verbalize it because fighting isn't always bad. He just needs to find a good cause to fight for.

Malcolm fights too, but it looks different and doesn't seem so pervasive. He wants to be just like Eamon and has been picking up many of his habits - good and bad. He is also developing his own little sense of humor. He looks at his daddy and grins after he passes gas. He smiles and runs away when he wants to play. And last night he and Thomas played knocking down the tower of blocks. He would knock it over, then fall flat on his belly on top of them giggling.

Hopefully now that we have this antibiotic, he will start sleeping better and we can get back to a decent sleep schedule/daily life routine. It has been at least a week since I spent more than a few hours in my own bed, and several weeks/months/years since I have slept well. I am beginning to notice the effects of this in my communication and memory. So as they are growing bigger, I am growing old!

No comments:

Post a Comment