![]() |
| Laughing, or singing |
But now I have another love of my life. I saw him/her for the first time just a few weeks ago, though I have known about him/her for a while now. Seeing the little legs stretch out, and the little spine, and alien looking face, and watching him/her spin around filled me with such joy and love. I am sure I was glowing almost the entire ride home (until I started feeling sick again).
![]() |
| It has a brain! |
Yes, we will be welcoming another little baby into our home sometime in the summer. The due date is August 12. That means I am 17 weeks as of today. I am still feeling sick if I don't eat every two hours, and the fatigue is beginning to set in also. After being on my feet for a few hours this morning, it was all I could do not to fall asleep as I read to Eamon. (These are the bumps that the wave of being in love is helping to cover.) I am definitely showing, but I am not large enough to be obviously pregnant and not just over-weight. My back was hurting, but the chiropractor helped that. I have been very absent minded and butter-fingered, but I haven't done anything to terrible yet. But there have been no complications so far in this pregnancy, so I am very, very grateful.
Although at first it was strange to think of having anything but a boy in the house, I actually think this one is a girl. My hormones have been crazy; the heartbeat has been around 158-160 bpm, which I have been told is a "girl's heartbeat;" and there is just something in me that whispers, "get ready for a girl." We should be able find out in two weeks.
Look at his/her little self! Doesn't it look just like every other ultrasound picture that you have ever seen? But this one is my baby! I saw it wiggle and stretch and roll around. I have felt its little flutter once or twice, and I have heard the most beautiful sound in the world - his/her heartbeat. Yep, I'm in love.



Congratulations Carrie! How exciting! I knew 100% I was having a girl before I found out for sure on the ultrasound when I was pregnant with my daughter so it wouldn't surprise me if you're spot on with your mommy intuition too :) Congrats again!
ReplyDeleteChristine J
yay!!! so excited for you guys!!! :)
ReplyDeletebabybabybaby!! =)
ReplyDelete