Friday, March 22, 2013

My Gut Was Wrong

We had our twenty-week ultrasound. It was so nice to see the baby again. Each time I get more and more excited to meet him.

Yes, the baby is a him. My intuition was all wrong. Sitting in the waiting room, I suddenly had the thought, "If this isn't a girl, I am going to be so surprised! I bet it won't be a girl, just because I am so sure of it." Well, I was surprised, but the excitement of having another boy was so great that all the emotions got mixed up. All that research on girl names will just have to wait. I found one I really liked too, but I am not going to say what it is, just in case there is a girl someday down the road.

I am so excited for another boy. All those adorable baby boy clothes I can use again. Boy blankets, decorations, and toys can be reused. They can share a room easier, maybe bunk beds in our/their future. Eamon will have a little buddy to take care of/boss around/play with. I still get to be princess of the house.

In other baby news, the baby seems to be developing just right. We got to see his stomach and his brain and the blood flow to his kidneys. We saw his hands and feet and spine and rib cage. The technician was really nice to talk to and explained so much to us. She said he weighed about 10 oz at this point and his heart beat was 150 bpm. I don't remember if she said how long he was, but the midwife (last week) said that he was up to my bellybutton.

I am definitely showing now, and I am planning on doing pictures on Monday at 20 weeks. I am hoping to do Eamon's 18 month pictures then too. So next week I will post pictures and an Eamon update.

No comments:

Post a Comment