"I've got the madness! I've got cabin fever!"
"I've got it tooooo!"
Last week, Eamon and I took several walks around the block. He loved it and walked the entire way. In fact, he didn't want to come in, but I had to because the wind went right through my wool coat. When the wind wasn't blowing it was lovely and warmish, but the wind was icy. But we had to get out. Both of us were getting stir-crazy and grumpy. We had cabin fever.
Then last weekend was lovely. Temperatures in the 40's. Sunshine. Perfect days to go out and about, talk walks, work on my flower bed and pots. But we did not do any of those things. We stayed inside and laid around. Yes, we did open the windows, but that was about it. We had a stomach virus.
It started with Eamon on Friday night, extended to me on Saturday, and perhaps was the cause of several migraines for Thomas. It has continued into this week in the form of gastrointestinal discomfort at various times, but feeling quite spiffy at other times.
Eamon seems to be furthest on the mend. He has wanted to eat all his normal things, but he still doesn't eat very much of it. And because he was sick, I just don't know how much to encourage him to eat. So we save it until he acts hungry again and give him some more. I am back to eating every two hours to keep up with the pregnancy nausea, but I also am only eating bites before I am just not hungry anymore. And poor Thomas, we aren't sure what is up with him, but he stayed home from work today because when he moves around he feels quite unwell.
We were spared all the illnesses that went around our church and friends all winter long, but now that spring is in sight, it seems that the germs have caught up with us. Hopefully, this will be it and spring will come and all our sicknesses will be better.
No comments:
Post a Comment