Saturday, February 23, 2013

Fun Game and Books

Eamon and I have played "Ring around the Rosie" together, holding hands and going around in a circle. The other day he was spinning, so I started singing the song. And he fell down at the right part. He thought it was hilarious, and kept doing it again and again. Except he got so dizzy that it eventually became, "Ring around the rosie, all fall down." So then he rolled around on the floor for awhile giggling.

Today he put on his snow hat and played with it on all morning. It was pretty cute, especially when I changed him out of his PJ's and he was sitting on the changing table, with nothing except the hat on his little self.

He has a book about monsters, which he roars at whenever he sees it. But he also has a book with a monster truck in it. When we were looking at it this week, I said, "There is the monster truck." He looked at me with a funny expression on his face, that I didn't understand... until today when we read the book again, and he pointed to the monster truck and roared his monster roar.

We also read "Where the Wild Things Are" this week because he has been a bit like Max.

Speaking of books, I got him the "First I Spy Book" from the school library. He has been having fun looking at all the pictures and finding things he recognizes - monkeys, cars, horses, angels - rarely what the rhymes say to look for, but it is helping his observation skills. He has been better at finding Nuks and Sippy cups when I ask him to go look for them.

And finally, I really like the Little Bear books by Else Holmelund Minarik, illustrated by Maurice Sendak. I am sure I enjoy reading them to Eamon more than he enjoys listening to them. But there are enough animals in them to keep him occupied while I laugh at the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment