There are days when I want to give up on this whole being a mommy thing. Those are usually the days when the Boy won't go to sleep and gets into everything and my interaction with him is almost exclusively "no." And those are also usually the days I actually have motivation to do things or I have special projects I want to work on.
It is on days like those, like today, that I need to remind myself of several things. 1. Eamon isn't trying to make my life miserable. Usually, he is miserable himself for some reason - like teeth, or shots, or constipation. 2. On my miserable days, God is still my gentle and loving Father. Just like Eamon is fighting me, often I am fighting God and he is saying "no" not to make me miserable, but because he want me to rest in arms, just like I want Eamon to just rest and sleep. 3. This day will end and tomorrow will be a new day, and usually a better one. The dishes can wait; so can the laundry, if it has to. 4. In just a few hours Thomas will be home and my day will get amazingly better just by seeing him smile and feeling his hugs and kisses. 5. If I wait long enough, Eamon will fall asleep.
So I play some music and rock my baby and rest and wait and pay attention to this mommying that I am privileged to do.
And you know, usually I get the most done on days like this, not because things went smoothly, but because I am resting in God, and that is the most important thing to get done.
No comments:
Post a Comment