December 1 is a good time to list thankfuls, even if it is almost a week after Thanksgiving.
1. God - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The more I understand, the more I am left wondering. Even though the Bible says God is light and in Him there is no darkness, I have been very encouraged by the analogy Thomas I read about knowing God being like walking in the dark. When it is dark, we stay in the circle of light; and when we go through dark times in our life, we cling to the parts of God that we know. And just like the beam of a flashlight shows us glimpses of things outside the immediate glow, God shows us glimpses of himself if we will look for them.
2. Thomas. I know that my husband is a theme of my blog, but he really is the second best thing in my life. Because of him, I understand God better, myself better, and the world better. I love learning how I can be a better wife to him - someone that his just right for him.
3. My family. My immediate family, my in-laws, my extended family on both sides. I am so blessed to have this circle of people who love me, not based on what I do, but simply because I am related to them. The fact that we get along great is just an added benefit. Daddy pointed out at Thanksgiving, how many generations of people who were passionate about God has benefited him, his children, and now his grandchild. It is exciting to see, and a blessing to experience.
3a. My mom and my sister. If I have a problem, these are the two people I think of going to first. And I am blessed to know that they come to me with problems too. And then, we often end up pointing each other to our brother, Jesus Christ.
3b. My mother-in-law and sisters-in-law. How can I express the comfort they have been, especially this year. From phone calls to birthday cards to emails, they have made my life better.
3c. My nephew. The most adorable baby ever!
4. My friends. The list would be too long, and I would feel terrible if I didn't think of someone just because I was put on the spot, but I have been so blessed by many people throughout this year.
Now for some more, not unimportant, but with less explanation.
Health, safety, a house, a car, my computer, the internet, sewing, flowers, the sky, the ocean, ok pretty much all the creation, stories - in pretty much any form - books, movies, music, etc., sweaters, shoes, birthday cards, and unbirthday cards, candles, chocolate, pumpkin pie, herbal tea, a job...
I keep looking up and there are more things to be thankful for. Fireplaces with fires in them, trees, rocking chairs... I must stop listing them here, but wherever I turn my eyes I am filled with thanksgiving.
No comments:
Post a Comment