1. If I post two more times this year, I will have equaled my most prolific year as a blogger. I don't think I am going to make it, but I am rather proud of myself for not letting my blog die.
2. It snowed a week too early. I was hoping for a snowstorm next weekend so that the first few days bck to school would be canceled.
3. Thomas and I got a 24-hour stomach bug from my nephew. Kids - getting you sick all the time, really now. But we are getting better now, and really don't begrudge the adorable baby for being sick before us.
4. I received quite a few lovely gifts for Christmas, including a waffle maker from my husband and lots of Twizzlers.
5. It is sunny today and supposed to get up to 47 degrees this weekend which could seriously ruin any opportunity to go ice-skating this year. The flux in temperature rots the ice and makes it nasty to skate on, as well as unsafe. It is times like these that I really miss living only a walk away from a pond.
6. I have lots of things on my to-do list, but I don't feel like doing any of them. I could blame it on being sick yesterday, but I think it has more with feeling generally lazy.
7. Our dryer squeaking and sometimes squealing annoyingly loud whenever I run it. Therefore I don't use it until we can get it fixed. Therefore, the amount of laundry that I can do is limited to the amount I can dry on a drying rack. Therefore, I have piles and piles of laundry. I am guessing about five loads.
8. I read a WORLD magazine yesterday, and did not get annoyed with every article. In fact I valued the difference in opinion from my other news sources NPR (via my husband) and BBC.
9. There are lots of really cheesy Christmas stories out there, but there are also a few really good ones. Some of the cheesy ones are "Pegusus and the Star" and "The Year Santa Went Modern." However, some of my favorites are, "The Year of the Perfect Christmas Tree" by Gloria Houston, illustrated by Barbara Cooney; "The 24 Days Before Christmas" by Madeline L'Engle; and "I Saw Three Ships" by Elizabeth Goudge.
10. Thomas' Christmas gift just arrived.
just for the record, I love reading your blog, even your notes about annoying articles, squeaky dryers, and stomach bugs. so I too am glad it isn't dead! happy new year and I'm glad your Christmas was so nice! <3
ReplyDelete