Last Friday a friend asked, why are you so busy? And I realized I don't know what has kept me so busy the past week, but it has felt really crazy. Now November is hear and I never got in my last October post.
1. NaNoWriMo has begun. This year, both Thomas and I are participating.
2. I have volunteered to oversee the a high school newspaper and it has been a lot of work. So we are reworking they way it is going to be done, which means more work, but of a different sort. I think it will be better for the kids though.
3. It takes time to learn a language, and practice. My Spanish is coming so slowly. But I was able to describe my family in Spanish to my friend.
4. We have been watching the World Series (except Game 3 because we went to a choral concert that night because my husband is a very sweet man). I am discovering that baseball isn't as boring as I previously thought. But I still like soccer better.
5. I missed watching all the soccer games I wanted to this weekend because of a missions conference at our church, a NaNoWriMo get-together, and the choral concert. But I did watch one of the MLS play-off games (LA Galaxy vs. Seattle Sounders) on my computer while watching the World Series on the TV. You'd think we are sports people, but I don't think I would quite put myself in that category yet. I think it was more like a last fling before we have to write 2,000 words everyday.
6. A week from today was my due date. It has been bumming me out the past few days. I guess one of the blessings of busyness is that there isn't much time to think. But then when I stop for a moment, it all comes back.
7. I am trying to train my inner critic to be charitable, especially toward others, but toward myself too. The thought of writing this month is scary because I "know" that I can't really write well or tell a good story. Others have always been better than me at that. I think in plays not in novels. But I am going to try all the same, and prove myself wrong.
8. Today I have laundry to finish, dishes to wash, a dress to alter, plants to get ready for winter, lesson plans to write, and journalism to research as well as my 2,000 words.
9. Galatians 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."
10. I wish I lived more out of what was true and less out of what I feel. It is true that I am a new creation in Jesus Christ, but I feel like being lazy. It is true that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, but I feel like I am unable to do those things I really want to be able to do. But what I feel doesn't change what is true. I guess that is what Faith is for - believe in what I do not see.
hey lady. can't tell you how excited I was to think of my little baby niece/nephew sharing my birthmonth. will continue thinking of y'all this month. hoping to see y'all over the holidays!
ReplyDelete