I feel like I wrote all day. I know I didn't. In fact I only wrote about 4 hours, if that. But the day was focused around those four hours. Now it is almost midnight and the number of words that I need to write will jump from 10000 to 11,669. And I will need to write again. No chance to really bask in the delight of reaching a word limit - at least not until the end of the month. Then it will be too overwhelming to even want to think about going back through and editing it. I am learning things though.
I am learning that writing a novel is a very different style of writing than short stories or descriptive paragraphs or reports or blogs.
I am learning that taking a break means getting away from the computer, and house cleaning is more than a job, it is a necessity to keep sanity.
I am learning that although it is crazy, this is fun. I am enjoying writing down the stories that go through my head and making them actually work, rather than getting stuck or never finishing them because they are just in my head.
I am learning that hot chocolate, tea, and other warm beverages are very inspiring, as are candles, blankets, and music. My current favorite writing music is "The New World" soundtrack. It isn't so busy that it distracts me, but it provides enough atmosphere that I can concentrate. However, my earbuds are about to drive me crazy. They are they type that are spring-loaded so they will wrap up and store nicely. Unfortunately, they like to wrap up while I am using them, which then either creates tension on my ears, or makes them pop out of my ears.
I am learning that it is time for bed and when one's brain shuts off, it is best to just let it, and go to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment