Sunday, August 23, 2009

Shoe Shopping

I wear size 6 when it comes to sneakers. Not 6.5 or 8 or 11 or 9 or any other size stores like to have in stock, but size 6. And I like blue sneakers, or at least sneakers with blue on them, not pink or teal or plain white or any of the other colors that stores like to have in stock, but blue.

Maybe I am picky, but I really didn't want to have to wear Hannah Montana sneakers, which seemed at first all I could find in my size. So after visiting 4 shoe stores in one mall and 3 in another and finding absolutely nothing in my size in the color that I wanted, never mind the price, the lady at J C Penny offered to order some in my size. Wasn't that sweet of her? I didn't even have to ask her to order them, she just offered. We took the offer and hopefully sometime this week I will have new sneakers, size 6, white with light blue and silver designs, for a lower price than any I had found in the stores.

I am excited. I like new sneakers. My next quest in shoe shopping is some black dress shoes that have a small heel and don't look like I am trying to be a teenager. Oh, I would like to replace my tall black boots too.

Oh, the trials of being the shoe size of a junior high girl... and being very particular about my shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment