Saturday, August 01, 2009

Good-bye Kindergarten

I am officially out of the Kindergarten classroom. I left it slightly messy, so I will go back and help the new Kindergarten teacher clean up, take down posters, and such. Even though I will not be teaching Kindergarten, I will still be teaching - Latin and Music - and directing the play. So it looks like it will be a busy fall at least. I might be directing the church Christmas pageant too. Looking at my calendar is a little daunting, especially when I realize that I will need to do lots of new lesson plans, nothing to fall back on or anything.

I am still trying not to think about leaving Kindergarten too much. When I do, I am a mixture of melancholy and excitement. I am excited about the new possibilities for this year. It is especially good to be an at-home wife, making the house a home and being more regular with the chores and all. I am also enjoying getting back into Latin and am looking forward to teaching kiddies to enjoy and create music. But, at the same time, I am sad to not be able to see my little baby Kindergartners grow into big boys and girls. I will miss their hugs and bright eyes and stories. I will miss not having a classroom to make my own. I will miss being part of the teacher things. I am not looking forward to being on the outside edge of the happenings at school.

This just seems to be the next step in figuring out what to do when I grow up. I often think that if I knew what God wanted me to do with my life, I could better pursue actions that will prepare me for whatever it is. But I also know that this is then right thing to do, even if I don't know what God is preparing me for.

No comments:

Post a Comment