Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Sickness and other thoughts

I am sick, but no, I am not pregnant, which always seems to be the next question. In fact, the type of sick that I am is not related to an upset stomach at all. It has been a nasty chest cold. I am still coughing and my nose is runny, but I feel much better than I did last weekend.

Every time I get sick I am reminded how thankful that I am not sick more often, that I don't have worse allergy or asthma problem, that it isn't nearly as bad as the first year of marriage. But this time I have also been thinking about how my sickness reminds me how sweet my husband is. He has made dinner a few times, gone shopping for me, cleaned the bathroom, and sat in the same room as me, even though we weren't talking or anything. We are being as careful as we can about sharing germs, but that means we get to spend more time talking and listening to one another. It has made me appreciate him so much more.

Being sick has also kept me away from school. It hasn't quite sunk in that school has started without me. My first day is still coming, and I am looking forward to it. I am also more prepared than I was for last Tuesday, when my school started. It has also given me an opportunity to spend time getting ready for the play. Auditions are on Tuesday and Thursday. Then the craziness begins. I can hardly wait.

1 comment:

  1. Another great thing about my husband: He got me chocolate. Both some dark chocolate and Yorks - My Favorites!
    Happiness

    ReplyDelete