Our Town by Thornton Wilder
Little Women adapted by John Ravold
Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie
Pygmalion by George Bernard Shaw
Death of King Arthur by Mathew Freeman
Korczak's Children by Jeffery Hatcher
Pride and Prejudice adapted by Jon Jory
Dear Wormwood adapted by James Forsyth
I am a little nervous about picking one for our students to do; however, I am also excited to read all these wonderful plays. I would really like to do Peter Pan, but I am afraid the technical side might be a bit difficult with our stage. I thought I would like to do Our Town, but I am having other ideas about that one - maybe not for school ideas, maybe like as a play done by our church, maybe next summer, maybe. Anyway, we will see.
I recommend "Sideways Stories from Wayside School". :) I wish you could be here to see "Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse" - we opened last night after 2 weeks of intense rehearsals, and have our next 2 shows today. I'd love to hear your comments on costuming and wigs and such. I'll try to post some pictures.
ReplyDelete