Now that I have learned how to spell the title of that movie, I can't wait to tell you about it. I really really like it. As Thomas said, it has been a long time since I saw a kids movie in the theater - actually about a year. We went to see Cars last year. There were lots of kids in the theater, but they were not distracting. In fact, I enjoyed hearing the parts they laughed at. I was however appalled by how many people started to leave even before the credits. When it was obvious the movie was about to be over, lots of people started standing up, talking, and walking down the aisles. I was encouraged that one other family stayed through the credits, and actually were watching them, not just waiting for mom. They sounded like smart kids, too.
The movie itself was excellent. It made me laugh and be very thankful that I am not animated person, nor a animator. The precision of how creatures and people moved amazed me. I liked the bad guy. He was a short feisty chef. Why are short people always portrayed as feisty? I did like his step ladder - I could relate to his trials of being short. The most excellent part was what a food critique says at the end. I cannot quote it directly, but it had to do with not appreciating things because of their origin or because we are too good. It fit nicely with somethings that Thomas and I have been thinking about. See SNOB post...
No comments:
Post a Comment