Monday, July 02, 2007

Battlestar Galactica

I am posting on Battlestar Galactica, and not current news, but posting about things that happened way back in season 2. Not only am I just mentioning them, knowing what comes after, but as though I were just watching it for the first time, which happens to be true. Saying that, if you have spoiler comments, please don't tell me them yet.

So, we watched "Sacrifice" which made me very sad, but I was expecting it due to spoilers from other places. However, the most impressive thing about the whole episode was the stain resistant shirt Lee had on. When he got shot, the blood rolled right off the shirt. I saw it again in a flashback. It doesn't soak in! Now that is some good stain resistant. It was very unlike the leg shots on some of the soldiers, where the blood soaked in immediately. Ok, maybe I focus on unimportant details so that my true sadness gets hidden.

We then watched the next one. I am really not buying the Lee and Dualla relationship - on many levels. She was cheating on Billy! He deserved better and I thought better of her. The L/D relationship has been hinted at but I just thought it might have been a passing crush. It should have been. She should have seen Billy's love and fallen for him. He was such a sweet guy. I also felt the that L/D relationship was kind of out of the blue. It hasn't been built up, it just happened and it isn't convincing. In the words of my husband, they lack the "chemistry" needed to persuade me it is more than a crush on D's part. When Lee looks at Kara, you can see friendship and love; but when he looks at D, there is nothing - not a desire, not love, not respect, nothing - at least nothing that I can pick up. My final complaint is how can they pull it off. If Chief Tyrol and Boomer were not allowed to have a relationship, why are Lee and D?

Now we have a Commander Adama and a Admiral Adama - sounds like confusion to me. On IMDB Lee is still listed as a Captain, does that mean he stops being Commander later... wait, don't tell me. I will find out.

1 comment:

  1. so glad you're watching BSG . . . i love it, despite its flaws.

    i agree, though, that the Lee-Dee relationship was simply a bad idea. she and Billy together were very believable (and cute), and he was one of the most likeable characters on the show. so even if the writers had set up the Lee-Dee thing better, and even if the two actors had chemistry, i don't think i'd ever like them as a couple.

    ReplyDelete