Friday, November 03, 2006

Reading Rodeo

Howdy y'all!

Today was the last day of the Reading Rodeo. We stomped letters, read cowboy stories, danced blend ladders, and rounded up herd of letters. I also got to dress up in cowboy clothes every day. I didn't know I had so many outfits, but they all worked out and I thought were rather cute. Wednesday night, my sister and I rag- curled our hair, so Thursday and today my hair is really curly. Thursday I also wore my crinolin, a sequined skirt, and a tight vest.

Today's outfit was probably my favorite. I wore jeans and a flannel shirt. Last night I made fake suede chaps that matched a vest I already had. Of course I had a bandana and boots, but the final touches were my brown leather coat and my husband's hat. (My curly pigtails, right behind my ears, were the only thing that kept the hat from falling over my ears.)

All the kids in the school were allowed to dress up today, so we had kindergartners to seniors dressed as cowboys. Then in the afternoon K-4th grade had a dance, flapjacks, and (jelly) beans. That was downright crazy and very noisy. Even though the whole week was lots of fun, I am glad it is over. It will be nice to get back to normal, and it won't be nearly as exhausting.

Right...

No comments:

Post a Comment