Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Faith like a Child

When I tell others about Jesus, I am asking them to trust in a person they really don't know. Sure they may know about Him, but they don't know Him. In a world full of liars and tricksters and people out to make you look stupid, why would anyone trust another person, especially one they don't know?

Look at a child. He trusts his mom. Does he really know her? Does he know what thrills her, what frightens her, what makes her tick? Of course not, but he trusts her. Why? Because he know she loves him, that she will do what she can to be there for him and take care of him, and that is enough for him.

Oh God, give me faith like a child, to trust you, even though I really don't know you! And teach me how to know you more each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment