Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Posting

You know, it is really hard to get the initiative to post when I never know if anyone bothers to read anything anyway. Therefore, I didn't, and won't post about Thanksgiving, except to say that it was a nice break, and I loved seeing my cousins.

School has started again. It is nice not dreading each day of work. In fact, I generally enjoy it. Today we played with a big box, which I turned into a fort/house. They thought it made a great jail, but they all wanted to be in the jail. It did not get wrecked on the first day, as I feared, but has lasted and is still in good condition. I think we will decorate it tomorrow and Thursday, but I am not sure I am up to that adventure.

Friday starts our December countdown to Christmas. These in between days are a little odd. I don't want to start Christmas stuff yet, but Thanksgiving is over. So we will talk about wisdom from Proverbs and obedience and our memory verse: "God is love." Then Christmas!!!

I think Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, but I love the expectation before Christmas. I try to do something little each day to get ready for the holiday so I get excited little by little, rather than do everything at once. The whole moderation idea... In my classroom, we'll start by making stars to hang from the lights. Then we will begin a Christmas tree made out of hands. I have to plan for a Grandparents Christmas Party too. The kids love the little by little decorations too. I love seeing their faces light up with excitement.

8 comments:

  1. I read. Thanks for helping us keep up with things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:58 PM

    I usually check your blog once a day. :) Thank you for the lovely happy birthday rendition earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i read! i read a lot. to read makes my speaking english good.

    more to the point, i read your blog. :-) i'm just not a very commenty reader.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy reading your posts but don't have a habit of making comments. :-) If you had a Wordpress blog you could track your traffic. Its really amazing how many people check things daily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all, I don't comment much either. I am so blogger illerate, I can't figure out how to get a profile picture, much less the tracker thing. (I have even read the "if you are still confused" sections.) Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:19 PM

    I totallly read! I can't wait to see you and Thomas in December. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:44 PM

    thank you for the birthday card! I love it! it made my day. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:48 PM

    I read you too!

    ReplyDelete