Almost every Monday, I try to get myself organized. I sit down and think about what I need to get done in the week and what I need to get done in the day. It is my scheduled "office" time. Every other day, I just wing it from what I worked out on Monday. It isn't an efficient way of doing things, but it gets all the important stuff done.
First I take notes for the house - big projects that I want to complete get broken into little projects that I need to get done. Household tasks get prioritized, and my calendar gets updated.
Then I work on ICS stuff. Phone calls, letters, emails, Board Notes, etc. (which reminds me, I need to work on those notes...let me write that down...)
Then I work on Sunday School Stuff. Right now it is mostly figuring out what I have to do. But I do need to go through all my lessons from this year and put the crafts with the lessons, clean out my Sunday School Box and get ready to receive Superintendent stuff.
Today because it is the first day of summer, I am also working on Summer Goals. Goals for the house, creative goals, and goals for each of my volunteering "jobs". A little later, I will work on some goals with the boys - talk about things they want to do regularly, on special days, and jobs they can help with.
The biggest problem with getting organized is that I rarely go back and look at it, so then things get all unorganized again. But at least for a few hours on Monday morning, I feel like my brain is somewhat in order.
No comments:
Post a Comment