My wonderful older brother gave me a wardrobe that his work was getting rid of. It is approximately three feet wide and two feet deep. One side has a pole for coat hangers; the other side has a single shelf. It is heavy and awkward and I haven't been able to figure out what I should do with it, but I really like it.
So I was looking at my kitchen and looking at this wardrobe and I thought, wouldn't that make a great pantry. It is deep and the doors close (my current pantry cupboard's doors don't stay shut) and I could put lots of stuff in it that is currently laying around, and I bet I could even clear out the cupboard next to the sink where we could put in a dishwasher!
I don't know if the entire plan will work, especially the dishwasher part, but today I bought 5 shelves to put in the wardrobe to turn it into a pantry. I have to sand and stain them, but I have them. Step one of the project is complete. I was slightly amused by how fast my mind went from pantry to dishwasher. Maybe it is because dishes are my housework nemesis.
In other grand plans... I am considering July being a 100 Words Month again. That means starting on Friday, I plan to write at least 100 words or a poem every day until the end of the month. I've already been taking notes of things to write.
No comments:
Post a Comment