Sunday, November 03, 2013

Prayer for Communion Sunday

Dear God,

As I eat this bread and drink this wine, I pray your blessings upon them, so that as the become part of me, your blessings would fill me.

As bread fills and satisfies, I pray that you would fill and satisfy me.
As it nourishes and gives strength and energy, I pray that you would be my strength and energy.
As I chew it, I pray that I would meditate on who you are.
And as you gave it in love, let me be filled with that love, so I can share it with others.

As wine gladdens the heart, I pray that you would fill me with your joy.
As it moistens the mouth and brings refreshment, I pray that you would refresh me.
As I drink it, I pray that I would imbibe your Spirit.
And as you gave yourself in love, let me be filled with that love, so I can give myself for others.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment