Monday, November 18, 2013

Malcolm is Three Months Old

This post is going to be about Malcolm, but Eamon is sitting on my lap naming all the picturfes. So he gets one of his Two-year old portrait proofs and a few notes. He calls spaghetti, "paddy-daddy." He is getting pretty good with a fork and spoon, as well as with a cup without a lid, as long as he is paying attention. His current favorite book is "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" which he reads to himself when he doesn't see us watching. If he sees us, he wants us to read it.

Malcolm is in the bassinet beside me. He is almost too long for it, but I put him in it while Eamon was napping. I don't think I will move him.

One of my favorite parts of the day is in the morning when he wakes up and sees me for the first time, he grins so big and so expectantly. It is as if I am the sun and the moon to him, the light of his life, and the most important person on the planet. His blue eyes shine and sometimes he even giggles.

He is all boy though. He grins when he fills his diaper and giggles when we say, "Poopity poop poop poop." He is a big spitter too. When I remember to put a bib on him, he doesn't smell as bad at the end of the day, and sometimes I don't smell so bad either. He is quite good at getting me and any clean clothes all gross with spit-up.

He is so much bigger than Eamon was at this point. I have gotten out his 3-6 month clothes nd he fits them perfectly. Some of the 0-3 outfits still fit, so I haven't put them away yet, but he is growing so fast. Sometimes I forget he isn't older and put him as if he can sit, but of course he just falls over and starts to cry. He is getting rather mobile too. When I put him on the floor, he never stays in one place for long. Either he scootches in a circle on his back or rutches around on his belly. None of it is intentional. In fact he gets quite annoyed when he bangs his head on something and can't figure out what is wrong. He can roll from his belly to his back and is getting pretty good at arching his back, so rolling back onto his belly can't be too far off. He practices this trick during almost every diaper change.

He is also an amazing sleeper. I didn't expect to get one of those since my family doesn't have very many sleeping babies. But he sleeps for about 6 hours, then eats, then sleeps another 4 hours. If I time it right, I only wake up once during the night, and he is the perfect alarm clock in the morning.

Although he is generally a very pleasant baby, he has woken up and wants to be fed. So I should quick finish up and take care of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment