There are times when I feel like complaining, when I am grumpy and tired and nothing is going right. Those times come more often than I would like to admit, but tonight, even though lots of things did not go as planned, I am thankful.
1. I am thankful for Thomas. He made root beer floats for dessert tonight. He took care of the baby while I was on the phone with my sister. He says sweet things and kisses me by surprise. He vacuumed the upstairs last night and washed the windows last week. He got me ice cream on a bad day. He remembered that I needed a nursing shawl and found two at a great price so he got them. He knows how to make me smile.
2. I am thankful for Eamon. After drinking his root beer float, he ran around and around the deck until he flopped down on his belly and grinned up at Thomas and me. He is learning to pick up his toys. He is talking more and more every day, saying the cutest things and telling me in great long paragraphs (that I can't understand) about things that he sees and thinks.
3. I am thankful for my sister's phone call tonight. It was good. She is a good person to talk to.
4. I am thankful that my friend had my wallet and let me come get it tonight.
5. I am thankful that it is bedtime and that tonight is cooler than the day was.
No comments:
Post a Comment