Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I had a thought

I had a thought while washing dishes the other day. I get a lot of thinking done while I wash dishes, unless Eamon is "helping" me, when I just get rather wet.

I thought that as a Christian, and therefore a representative of Christ, my interactions with other people ought to be reflective of what Jesus thinks of them. That is why I ought to be building others up, helping them see themselves as Jesus sees them.

That means I need to be so close to Jesus that I know what he thinks of us. And considering that I have a hard time remembering how much Jesus loves me, I will be speaking to myself just as much as I am reminding them of this beautiful truth.

This also means that I don't have to overlook sin issues, because Jesus doesn't overlook them. But rather I can forgive them and not let them define the person.

This leads to other thoughts, but those thoughts aren't completely formed yet. I guess I need to wash some more dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment