Monday, January 16, 2012

Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

I have been trying new and different recipes this week, and they have all been delicious. We had Chicken Scampi, made according to the recipe, instead of short-cutting, and it tasted so much better. We had a rice a bean mix-mash salad, Haman's Ears, and Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Pancakes.

I got the recipe from Recipe Girl, and since she does such a good job with it, I will not type it up here. Just a few notes:
  1. She is absolutely right about the consistency of the cinnamon swirl. My consistency wasn't right, so I sprinkled it on like the topping for coffee cake. It wasn't nearly as pretty, but tasted amazing.
  2. Do not try to make this while carrying a baby on your belly, especially if the baby is fussy and wanting a lot of attention. The pancakes while being fried are a little time sensitive, so you have to pay attention to them, and fussy babies don't like that. Thank goodness for Thomas!
  3. We ate it with sausage patties, which helped cut down the sweetness factor. The recipe is incredibly sweet, more like a dessert than a lunch, but also amazingly good. However, the pancakes themselves aren't sweet; they could be very yummy by themselves (without the swirl and glaze).
  4. It does coat your griddle with sugar, so make sure you spray it, or use an non-stick griddle. Better yet do both.
  5. It took me an hour and a half to make everything rather than the 20 minutes she estimated. Probably because it was my first time making it.
I hope you get to try it! It was delicious.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ros--you've been NOMINATED. :-) For what? Gasp! See the award on my blog.

    ReplyDelete