- This week is Book Week at ICS. Today was Book Character Day. I think this has been my favorite day of the school year ever since Kindergarten. All the students in Kindergarten through 8th grade are invited to dress up like a book character. I did this all the time anyway, so it was fun to share. I only remember dressing up like Heidi, Betsy from Billy and Betsy, Lucy from Narnia, and Cinderella, though I am sure I did it every year. As a teacher, I was the Queen of Hearts, Rapunzel, and Mama Bear. This year, I couldn't think of anything, so Thomas recommended I put Eamon in my Moby and be Kanga and Roo. But in the end I didn't have time to dress up anyway. I did get some cute pictures though, and I will put them up on the ICS website within the next week or so. I don't have time or energy tonight.
- I did the dishes last night, and tonight. I want to keep up this nightly dishes washing. It only took me 15 minutes to wash all the dishes. I can let Eamon cry that long if he isn't being happy about me not holding him. I feel very satisfied with my accomplishment, and I think Eamon recovered from not being held. :-p
- We got a changing table today from the Thrift Store! I hope to someday repaint it, but it might not happen before we use it for Eamon, with it being winter, and not having a changing table. The floor works fine, but I am really happy to have a real one.
- We were also given (from the Thrift Store) a video monitor. I just wanted a normal baby monitor so I could hear Eamon if I went up to the attic or to the basement or something. But with the video monitor, I can see what he is up to as well as hear him. It is so fun, even if it is a little bulky.
- All the work I did in the Drama "Green Room*" last year got undone by the roof collapsing in the fall flood. Boxes of material and props destroyed by the rain... Fortunately all the hanging costumes are safe, but it was disheartening to see all my carefully labeled boxes and my carefully organized room in a state of destroyed disarray. *It is called the Green Room, not because it is where we warm up before performances, but because it was actually painted green.
- Eamon is growing so big! We have an appointment next Monday, so I will give his length and weight then, but I can tell he is growing. And he can do more and more things, like stuff his whole fits in his mouth and gag himself. I'm loving this time of watching him grow and develop.
- I decorated my living room for winter. Pictures/tutorials to come!
Why a Bean Patch? It is a great place to tell stories, share insights, be crazy, face your fear of bugs, as well as pick beans.
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Time for News
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment