Thursday, January 05, 2012

Not as Planned

So this year hasn't started as I planned. Eamon has been fussy and stuffy and unhappy a lot of the time. We have been crazy busy but nothing seems to be getting done. And we are not sleeping well, although for me, last night was better than the night before. Today we are taking Eamon to the doctor to see if he has an ear infection, though this morning he seems so much better than he did yesterday, and even last night.

But in spite of everything, Eamon has all his 0-3 month clothes out now and the too small newborn clothes all packed away (well, there are a few things still coming through the wash, but most of them are packed away. His bigger clothes are also sorted by size and packed away. Because he has been sick and grumpy, I haven't taken any of his 3 month pictures, but I haven't forgotten and will do it soon.

He loves the rattles he got for Christmas, and has enjoyed sitting propped up on the couch (with me right there, of course) reaching for the toys in my hands. He doesn't quite have the coordination to get them, but he grins and works hard at it. However, he doesn't like when I lay him on his tummy to practice his push-ups and rolls. He makes terribly sad faces and starts to cry. Today he held up his head really high though and looked all around and even smiled at the monkey rattle when I held it out for him. He didn't mind being propped with the Boppy under his belly though.

I also discovered a new hold in his Moby - facing out. He seems to enjoy looking at the world, but falls asleep too quickly to leave him that way for long.

Yesterday, we looked at some books together. He likes animal noises. The other night, he made a sound like a wolf's howl, so Thomas and I made the sound back to him. He had fun with that too. I love the way he is interacting more, even if that sometimes means yelling at Thomas and I when he is not pleased with what is going on. It was so sad yesterday, when I could tell something was wrong and he couldn't tell me what. He kept looking at me as if he were saying, "Make me feel better, Mommy; can't you do something?" But I didn't know what to do because I didn't know what was wrong. So I cuddled him and sang to him and nursed him and tried to take a nap with him.

In other news, Thomas and I are enjoying our Christmas music, books, and chocolate. Not all the gifts are unpacked yet because of everything else going on, but the living room and dining room are a little more orderly, even if they still have gift bags full of presents in them.

Well, I am off to get lunch ready before, Eamon wakes up. Then we will eat and hopefully get some dishes done before the doctor's appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment