I went ice skating! It was so much fun. This is only my second time this year, but it is comforting to know I haven't lost too much by not doing it. It is hard to get better, but at least I can still skate backwards and my spins are getting a little less wobbly. I still can't do any sorts of jumps, but I am getting better about not being afraid to fall. It helps that I haven't really hurt myself this year, as I did last January, where I fell and smashed my face into the ice, but didn't even end up with a bruise. Yesterday I fell three times but always gently. Katlyn took some cute pictures, so maybe I can put a few up sometime.
In other news, I have been fighting a mysterious rash/hives this week. They are on my face and on the back of my right hand. We are not sure what caused them, and without going for testing, probably will not know. But I have learned to deal with them, ie. notice when I am scratching them and stop, and figured a few things that aggravate them, but not necessarily cause them. Wool and chocolate are the only two things I have any clues about, and I am not even 100% sure about those things. Of course, they could be stress related, but even then, not very consistent. However, on the positive side, because of them, I have not minded the cold weather at all. (We have examined all our food, our detergents, soaps, as well as other possible allergens without any conclusive results, just in case you were going to ask.) Today they weren't so bad, but I have been in generally chilly locations. Wouldn't it be funny if I were allergic to heat, like Thomas is allergic to cold?
Today was our Secret Sisters Tea, where we discover who has been praying for us and sending us sweet notes all year, and reveal ourselves to our sister. (The lady who was MC-ing said, "expose ourselves to our sister" before correcting herself.) It was a very nice and encouraging time as we sang and prayed and ate together. It is good to be reminded that we are united in Christ even though we may disagree on particulars of Christian living.
Finally, I am saving up for a digital camera. I put all my Christmas gift money towards it, and my pay from so extra work I did. Maybe I will do a bit more sewing/mending/altering and put that money towards it too. When I do, I hope to post more pictures, because I know, blogs are more interesting when there are pictures, pictures, pictures to break up all the words, words, words...
Gentle Elmo.
ReplyDelete