Sometimes I miss those days. The times we would play together, or lay in our bed across the room and talk, or go on walks together. But usually, I don't. Usually I am so glad because now she is more than just my baby sister to look after and love. Now she is my friend to share with and learn from, to laugh and cry with, to be crazy with and pest, and be pest-ed back, and to love.And now she is going off to college. I am very excited for her, the new things she will experience, the new challenges she will face, the new accomplishments she will develop, the new people she will meet, but I am going to miss her too.
"Heart to heart laughter
Head to head tears
You are my sister
Twice..."
I love you, Bug.
Love, Roosevelt.
this is so sweet! I agree, even though I miss "the old days" with my little sisters sometimes, having sisters just gets better the older you get. <3
ReplyDelete