Saturday, August 07, 2010

Baby Shower

Today was my sister-in-law's baby shower. She is so adorable with her little (or perhaps I should say big) pregnant belly and her lovely smile. Mom and I planned it, but I got to be hostess. We decorated with sheep and duplo blocks. I made a watermelon baby cradle and everyone brought food to share. It was a lovely time, but it wore me out! I came home and fell asleep for a good half hour at least.

I love coming up with games for showers. This time we played "Name that Tune" where I hummed a children's song and they wrote down the title. There was also see how many songs we could come up with the word"baby" in it. And "Mothers of the Bible Trivia."

Mom spoke on sacrificial love - how Christ's sacrificial love lets us love even when loving gets tough. Whether it is a baby the cries all night, every night, or a child who doesn't want to hear what we say, or living with disappointed dreams, we need Christ's love that lets us give up ourselves and live for someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment